Musicians Institute California is a contemporary, nonprofit musical institute in Los Angeles, California.
Students at Musicians Institute California can receive academic diplomas and certificates as well as – by transferring their studies from Los Angeles City College – Associate of Arts degrees, and Bachelor of Music degrees in both performing and music composition. The college has been in existence since 1977.
The Musicians’ Institute proposes programs of instrumental interpretation on instruments such as guitar, drums, piano, keyboard technology and songs. Music industries programs cover everything from music industry sound engineers, self-employed artists program, academy of guitar handcrafts and music trade. The institute also provides Associate of Arts, Associate of Science and a Bachelor of Music in additional to the academic degrees.
The Melodic Soloing Guitar Scholarship at the Musicians Institute in California is now available for the Graduate and International Students in the domain of Music and have the opportunity to be part at the Musicians Institute in California.
The “Melodic Soloing” scholarship has been established in order to encourage and promote students with the talent, creativity, ability, and interest to perform imaginative and improvised melodic guitar solos of all types and in all musical forms. The scholarship was originally funded with generous support from a 1980 GIT class, an affiliate of the MI Guitar Program, and is provided to help further develop and promote the academic skills of a student in the Associate of Arts Guitar program.
The scholarship will be offered each spring and autumn to a new and returning guitar student who shows exceptional musical talent and who performs their unique musical vocals on the instrument as a soloist in any style of music.
- Host University: Musicians Institute California;
- Host Country: USA;
- Study Level: Graduate Level;
- Scholarship Type: Partial Funding;
- Scholarship Worth: 1,500$;
- Eligible Countries: International Students;
- Subjects available: Music;
- Application Deadline: March 05, 2021.
The Institute of Musicians will offer a first term academic tuition of $1,500.00, which will be charged in the first term of the program.
- Students are required to continue full-time registration at 12 units for the entire period of the scholarship. If successful application and academic performance are not achieved and sustained throughout the time of the award, the grant will be terminated;
- Scholarships are not eligible for transfer and cannot be assigned to another person, program or beginning of the program beyond the original date of award;
- Currently and recently signed up AA guitar students only ;
- International students and U.S. citizens are both eligible;
- Can take place in the Associate of Arts in Performance Guitar program only.
- The Certificate, MI Select, and Bachelor’s degrees are not acceptable;
- Former recipients of this award are also not considered for this scholarship.
- Required documents: Should include a YouTube video, which needs to show, at a minimum, three songs that show evidence of an excellent performance as an instrumental melodic soloist in any style, on electric and/or acoustical guitar. Candidates must also present three live performances: as a group or duo;
- Eligibility conditions: Candidates should continue to complete 12 full-time units for the entire period of the scholarship;
- Language Qualification: Students who did not complete their studies in English will be required to prove that they have an acceptable skill level in English.