Grains Research and Development Corporation is an Australian research company established in October 1990 by the Primary Industries and Energy Research and Development Act. The Corporation provides investment in research projects and collaborations to improve the economics and performance of the Australian grain industry. It is supported by the Australian Government and a levy on grazers, as directed by the industry’s leading organizations, Grains Producers Australia and Grain growers Ltd. The Department of Agriculture is the responsible government agency.
The Australia GRDC International Research Scholarships are open for International PhD Students in the field of Data and Analytics Framework.
- Host University: Grains Research and Development Corporation,
- Host Country: Australia;
- Scholarship Type: Partial Funding;
- Study Level: PhD;
- Scholarship Worth: 5,000$ – 10,000$;
- Subjects: Data and Analytics Framework;
- Eligible Countries: International Students;
- Application Deadline: November 26, 2021.
Grains Research and Development Corporation is a worldwide manager of research and development in the grains industry. Its purpose is to make investments in RD&E to produce sustainable returns for Australian producers.
Grains Research and Development Corporation focuses on supporting PhD graduates by providing knowledge opportunities and scholarships in high priority areas of science in order to conduct innovative and influential research. It also supports projects and collaborations that enhance the economics and competitiveness of the Australian grain industry.
Every selected recipient will be awarded up to the value of 75% of Research Training Programs’s 2021 basic allocation level for a maximum of 3 years. Additionally, awardees will be provided with:
- 10,000$ annually for operational expenses;
- Travel costs of up to $5,000 to participate in seminars, workshops, or skill building events, to be provided as a one-time payment in the second year, independent of travel costs related to the SRM Symposium.
- Applicants should not already have begun their PhD;
- Applicants should be in possession of a Research Training Program scholarship or its equivalent;
- The applicant should be a student at an Australian university.
Application process: Candidates must apply through the Grains Research and Development Corporation’s Cereal Investment Web Portal (below).
Required support documents: Sample Referee Report; GRS Application Information; Grains Research and Development Corporation Fellowship Agreement.
Admission Conditions: Candidates are required to have completed a prior diploma with appropriate marks.
Language Conditions: If the student’s first language is not English, they are required to complete the language proficiency course of Grains Research and Development Corporation.