Yale’s Whitney and Betty MacMillan Center for International and Area Studies is the university’s central focus for the development of education and research related to all dimensions of the world’s global businesses, communities, and world cultures.
The MacMillan Center is committed to helping students develop an appreciation of the world beyond the United States and the role of the nation in the world as an important and necessary aspect of independent education and professional skills formation at the university level.
The MacMillan Centre additionally supports four Master’s Degree Certificates of Advanced Standing: African Studies, European Studies, Latin American and Iberian Studies, and Modern Middle East Studies. Language skills development is an important part of each of the diploma and certificate programs.
The objective of the Fox International Fellowship program is the improvement of global scientific knowledge and exchange by encouraging international scientific interaction and cooperation for the benefit of the future leaders of the United States and other countries.
To achieve this objective, Fox Global Fellowship Program is designed to support and help students who wish to apply scientific knowledge to address the most critical challenges facing the world.
Yale University works to accomplish this goal in collaboration with 20 of the top universities in the world in countries in Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, the Middle East, and the Americas.
More than 600 former students are part of the large network of Fox Fellowships. Students are required to update on their achievements and research activities regularly during the year, and are invited to report on their research.
- Host University: Yale MacMillan Center;
- Host Country: USA;
- Study Level: Undertake Level;
- Scholarship Type: Fully Funded;
- Scholarship Worth: 2,000$;
- Eligible Countries: International Students;
- Available Subjects: Management, Economics, Law, Business Economics, Contemporary history, Political Science, International Relations, Environment, Social Science, Public Health and Public Policy.
- Application Deadline: February 13, 2021.
Every Yale scholar gets the same prize, based on the PhD student’s level of support at the University.
Grants cover travel to and from Yale:
- Housing in shared lodging facilities offered by the Fox Scholarship;
- Significant amount of subsistence allowance to support any costs that are not covered by the actual grant available to the student.
The scholarship will financially support health insurance.
Alternatively, scholars may also be eligible to receive support for research travel grants of up to US$2,000 from a research travel fund.
To be accepted, the candidates need to:
- Have a PhD, Master’s degree or diploma, registered in a course of study at Yale ;
- Have a high level of academic and managerial competence and a commitment to the University’s policies and programs for the conduct of students;
- Be able to start the scholarship if it is selected;
- Be committed, capable of submitting a detailed and clear work plan for the scholarship’s application;
- Be proficient in both spoken and written English.
Candidates for the Fox International Fellowship at Yale Macmillan Center 2021 must complete an application online by fulfilling the scholarship requirements.
Candidates from Yale University must complete the application process using the online link below, and students from Fox Fellowship partner institutions may submit their applications by using the online link.