International students commencing programs at Durham College will be eligible for a variety of scholarships that can help offset the cost of your studies. The awards are open only to new full-time international students in their first program of study at Durham College.
- Submit their application for admission and pay their fees by the deadline indicated on their offer letter.
- Arrive in Canada and remain enrolled at Durham College past the 10th day of the semester.
- If a student withdraws from Semester 2 prior to the 10th day of the semester, the scholarship will be revoked and the money awarded will be subtracted from their refund.
- If a student fails to register for Semester 2 classes prior to the 5th day of the semester, the scholarship will be revoked and the money awarded will be subtracted from their account.
- Scholarships are awarded towards second semester fees and will be awarded prior to the deadline for the student’s second semester fee payment.
- If a student has paid their full year fees in total before receiving the scholarship money, refund cheques will be issued in the month following the start of each semester (October, February and June)
Students who achieve academic excellence in their program of study may be awarded an in-course scholarship valued up to $1,000CAD. 14 International students were recipients in the 2016-2017 academic year. Recipients are invited to an awards ceremony to celebrate their achievements.
Students do not need to directly apply for a scholarship. Durham College staff will assess each student based on the English scores and notify successful recipients via email.