Applications Open for the Canada-ASEAN Scholarships and Educational Exchanges for Development
Are you looking for student exchange programs, and you would like to study in Canada? Then, your search seems over here with this marvelous opportunity that brings a scholarship opportunity as well. Canada ASEAN Scholarship 2023/2024 is open now for applications. The application period is now open for the academic year of 2023-24. Canadian institutions need to submit applications online on behalf of candidates by the March 28th, 2023 deadline. If you like to apply for the opportunity Canada-ASEAN Scholarships and Educational Exchanges for Development, the applications are going on. Learn all details carefully, and follow the instructions.
Information Regarding Canada-ASEAN Scholarships and Educational Exchanges for Development
Canadian Government announced the Canada-ASEAN Scholarships and Educational Exchanges for Development (SEED) Program on 6th August 2017 to endow the students from ASEAN member states with opportunities to carry on (conduct) short-term study or research in Canadian post-secondary institutions in the fields which contribute to the implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
SEED Program Canada aims to lessen poverty in the developing countries of ASEAN. It works to gain the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. The scholarships under this scheme contribute towards the achievement/attainment of all Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
ASEAN SEED Scholarships are facilitated via student exchange agreements and institutional collaborations between post-secondary institutions located in Canada and their partner institutions which are located in ASEAN countries.
As far as the SEED Scholarship Canada 2023 is concerned, it is a short-term exchange program conducted under Global Affairs Canada’s International Scholarship Program.
To be considered for this scholarship opportunity, you need to meet the eligibility requirements.
- Applicants have to be citizens of ASEAN member states such as Cambodia, Brunei Darussalam, Indonesia, Malaysia, Laos (Lao People’s Democratic Republic (Lao PDR), Myanmar, Singapore, The Philippines, Vietnam, and Thailand.
- The applicants should be students enrolled full-time at a post-secondary institution located in the ASEAN member states.
- They need to be paying tuition fees to that institution at the time of submission of applications and for the full duration of their exchange.
Note: To check the non-eligibility, you are advised to visit the official call for the scholarship.
Canadian post-secondary institutions which are interested in hosting students have to:
- Be a designated learning institution (DLI).
- Possess a valid student exchange agreement inked with the home institutions of students which exempt tuition fees for the recipients of scholarships (it is required for undergraduate/college study only).
Financial Coverage and Duration
|Undergraduate/College||$10,200||4 months or one academic term||Study or research at the undergraduate or college level. A student exchange agreement (valid) which exempts tuition fee is required.|
|Undergraduate/College||$15,900||8 months or two academic terms||Study or research at the undergraduate or college level. A student exchange agreement (valid) which exempts tuition fee is required.|
|Graduate||$10,200||4 months or one academic term||Study or research at graduate level (such as Masters and PhD). In this scenario, a student exchange agreement is not required.|
|Graduate||$12,700||5 to 6 months||Study or research at graduate level (such as Masters and PhD). In this scenario, a student exchange agreement is not required.|
Scholarship funds may be used for:
- Air tickets through the most direct and economical route
- Visa fees or study/work permit fees
- Living expenditures like utilities, accommodation, and food
- Health insurance
- Books and supplies which are required for applicants’ research or study excluding computers or other equipment
- Ground transportation including a pass for public transportation
Institutes in Canada are eligible to receive:
- Reimbursement of additional compliance fees which is paid (in some cases) to Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada.
- $500 per recipient of the scholarship to help with administrative expenses once the student arrives there (in Canada).
Deadline for Applications
The last date for application submission online (the deadline for Canadian institutions) on behalf of candidates is 28th March 2023. Thus, the institutions in Canada need to establish an early deadline with candidates and their home institutions to make sure the timely receipt of the supporting documents.
How to Apply for Canada-ASEAN Scholarships and Educational Exchanges for Development
The application process is simple and online. If you are interested in applying, you need to visit the official page, learn all details carefully, and apply according to the instructions mentioned on the official page.
CURATED FROM: GrabaScholarship