UNRIPE PLANTAIN MAGICAL WEIGHT LOSS POWER: Unripe plantain has lots of nutritional valve.In as much as the ripe one is sweeter, it is of lesser nutritional value especially when fried. Unripe plantain has lots of health benefits, some of which are weight loss and reduction of heart disease risk. Unripe plantain has lots of nutrients and minerals and also contains less calories. This makes it one food great for weight loss.
Let’s take a look at the nutritional content of unripe plantain:
Unripe plantain contain nutrients such as:
47g of carbohydrate
1.9g of protein
0.5g of fat
0.9mg of iron
55mg of magnesium
1.6mg of vitamin A
0.4mg of vitamin B6
27.2mg of vitamin C
Just 181 calories
Now let’s take a look at the health benefits and weight loss benefits of plantain:
- Unripe plantain contains less amount of calories, meaning you won’t be consuming much calories by eating unripe plantain. You are advised not to consume more than 1000 calories in a day, but unripe plantain has just 181 calories. This makes it a perfect weight loss meal.
- Unripe plantain is also very rich in potassium. It contains 913mg of potassium. Potassium is one of the abundant minerals in your body and the organs in your body won’t function properly should there be a low amount of potassium in your body. The amount of potassium in your body also affect your skeletal and smooth muscle contraction, which gives room for for a smooth muscular and digestive function. People with high amount of potassium run a lesser risk of heart disease.
- Unripe plantain contains fiber which keeps you energized and fuller for longer. Fiber is very essential during weight loss thereby making unripe plantain suitable for weight loss. Dietary fiber enables you to burn fat and plantain is very rich in dietary fiber.
- Unripe plantain also contain resistant starch which also enables fat burning and energizes you. Resistant starch is way much better than the simple starch because it digests completely leaving no trace of over weight.
- Unripe plantain contains 27.7mg of Vitamin C. Vitamin C as we all know is one of the essential vitamins required for the healthy being of the body. It grows tissues and repairs the worn out ones in the body.
- It contains 55mg of magnesium which is a very essential nutrient needed by the body. Magnesium helps strengthen your bones and prevent the risk of any disease. It also help in regulating your blood pressure. It also controls your blood sugar level thereby preventing you from the risk of diabetes.
- Unripe plantain also contains lots of nutrient such as iron and fiber which aids a lot in achieving weight loss.
You can see other important foods you need to eat in other to achieve weight loss here: